Review: Wrangled and Tangled

Wrangled and Tangled - Lorelei James

Wrangling a sweet-talkin’ cowboy can be dangerous business...

The West was not so wild for Janie Fitzhugh. Living with her rancher husband, Abe Lawson, in rural Wyoming nearly broke her spirit, so she left. But eight years later, she returns to Muddy Gap to take a job at a new resort. When an unexpected danger arises, Abe seizes the chance to protect Janie and prove he’s a changed man.

Janie’s employer at the Split Rock Ranch and Resort, Renner Jackson, has gotten himself tangled up in a devil’s bargain trying to finish the construction. His new partner’s daughter, Tierney Pratt, is a spoiled daddy’s girl and off-limits–no matter how drop-dead gorgeous she is. But Tierney’s got her own secret reasons for keeping the rough-and-tumble cowboy at a distance.

When things get down and dirty at the resort, Abe and Renner must saddle up and fight to rope in the women they can’t imagine living without...

Review:

Sheesh, out the the two stories in this book, the one I thought I would like, I hated.  The one that I thought was going to be ho-hum was actually pretty good.  Of course, Lorelei James has awesome sex scenes, no complaint there but I must say, her characters in this book could use some work..

Now I didn't read the previous two books so maybe I was missing background information on Janie and Abe. But I thought the reason why the split was never very well explained. Or more like we were told they broke up because Abe wouldn't led Janie change anything about the house, a very blah sex life and Janie talked to Abe's friend about their married life and didn't get along with the locals.  I didn't want to be told, I wanted to be shown.  I wanted flashbacks, showing why they split up and why the loved each other.  I didn't get that.  Instead, both characters kind of touched on the past in their thoughts but not in great detail.

I'm always up for a good second chance book but this one wasn't it.  I don't know how Janie even fell in love with Abe again.  He was hardly there, leaving her on her own most of the time and they were only together for sex and dinner.   Yeah, sex and food equals love. Bah!  Even worse, Janie asks about Abe and his old girlfriend because she told him about her ex-boyfriends(after he asked).  Abe then goes into detail about their kinky sex life with threesomes and her just going down on him anywhere and how he couldn't go without kinky sex anymore.

My reaction:       Janie's Reaction:

After they have some kinky sex, Abe said that if she hadn't wanted kinky sex, he would have talked her into it somehow.  Umm...yeah. If my boyfriend told that to me, I probably would have had fits and be wondering if sex with me wasn't good enough for him.  Do I have to measure up to that woman?  Yes, Janie does.

Well Janie isn't much better.  She resorts back to a teenage girl when she gets mad.  For some reason, I found her truly annoying.  If it wasn't her blindness about things going on around her, then it was I was plain bored with her.

Renner and Tierney was a much better couple.  I was so happy every time I got back to them.

The only thing that bothered me was Renner's habit of running away when things got tough between them.  But I can live with it, because they were just too good together.  Hell, I don't even care that Tierney is a virgin or that both their names are really weird. Their ending was perfect and I loved them together.